Custom Milling & Consulting, Inc. (CMC), headquartered in Fleetwood, Pennsylvania USA, is an industry leader in wet milling technologies.
We manufacture different types of milling machines for customers in Italy and throughout the world who are seeking finer particle sizes, cleaner dispersions and higher product quality in their manufacturing processes.
There are many types of grinding mills, and different mills are suited to different processing requirements.
Some mills, such as ball mills, are best suited to coarse materials. They use media ranging from 20mm on up to produce particles measuring about 10 microns to mesh sizes. For mid-sized particles, attrition mills are more appropriate.
They use 3mm to 10mm media and can produce particles from 1 to 10 microns. Wet milling with media as small as .25 mm and as large as 2 mm is capable of reducing a product into finer particles in the micron & submicron (or nanometer) particle size range. This allows for the production of a greater variety of byproducts and improved physical properties that can offset equipment cost and generate additional revenue.
CMC’s wet milling processes for particle size reduction in solids contribute to paints, dyes, specialty coatings, epoxies, adhesives, sealants, ceramics, solders, fluxes and catalysts.
The CMC Supermill PLUS™ horizontal media mill is equipped with the latest milling technology and innovative design features. This workhorse media mill offers efficiency, flexibility and economy for the most demanding applications.
Some of its features include:
- Heavy-duty power frame with chemical resistant epoxy coating
- Spirally-cut cooling jacket
- Flexible process design for discrete pass, high flow re-circulation and cascade milling
- Easily removable large-screen media separator that accepts grinding media to 0.1mm and as large as 4.0mm
- Unique Fluidizer and Fluidizer “D” milling discs for balanced intensive attrition
- Minimized product temperature and machine wear
- Pressurized cartridge-style mechanical seal that requires no coolant pump
CMC also manufactures the CMC Batch (Basket) Mill which offers an efficient, one tank milling of a wide range of formulations, due to its dual shaft/dual speed control configuration. It has the flexibility to run media sizes as small as 0.5mm, 2.5mm, or larger if required. And the CMC Double Planetary Mixer is the ideal choice for mixing and kneading viscous pastes, gently blending shear sensitive formulations or drying and granulating powders.
The unique design results in superior mixing, kneading, and dispersion, and is particularly useful in applications such as thick film inks, dental pastes, and potting and encapsulation products.
When particle size reduction or wet grinding is required, wet milling equipment offers these benefits:
- Reduction of particle size
- Finer, even dispersions
- High shear performance
- More efficient operation
- Lower energy consumption
- Reduced production times
- Increased capacity and higher yields
- Ability to handle diverse viscosities
- Size of media can be adjusted for varying applications
- Safe for products with heat-sensitive, hazardous or contamination related issues
CMC is committed to providing innovative wet milling technology and equipment to our global customers.
If you are interested in our innovative milling machines in Italy, including Milan, Turin, Bergamo, Venice, Udine and other areas of the country, get in touch with CMC today at 610-926-0984 or email@example.com for more information.